Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kabuki Kenzan!

I've got something really cool to share this time. This Sunday, me and Jacqui went to Shinjuku to buy textbooks, and we just happened to run into this performance by a kabuki styled street magician, and I captured the first part of it before the batteries in my camera died out.




It's a shame cause he was a pretty good magician too, and the magic act started right after this.

This week is looking to be a little bit more mundane than the first one was, all I'm doing this week is going to classes and doing homework, not a bad week per-se but definitely not as exciting.

Anyway, here are some other interesting tidbits from Japan,


This is Tama Station, it's the train station closest to my university and where I go to get anyplace I need to go. I use a passmo card, which is something like a small account of money exclusively for riding the trains contained in a plastic card that you wave over a sensor before entering and leaving the station, and when you leave, the apropriate fare for the trip is deducted.

And of course what would my trip to Japan be worth without trying the japanese take on American food. This is McDonald's japan-exclusive burger, the mega-mac, which me and Jacqui sampled on our last trip to Akihabare. It's Japanese McDonald's largest item, size-wise. However, even though it has 4 "beef" patties it's still smaller than an american big-mac. Japanese portions are very small, you see.

Well that's all for now, I have a class to get to soon, and tomorrow I'll be opening my japanese bank account. I just wish I had my routing number for my american checking account, which would make things a lot easier...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

下げろ

Unknown said...

マクドナルド?
そんなにすごいと思うのか
なんておかしいヤツだ

Charles said...

すみますん、お二人さんはどちら様でしょうか?私の知り合いでしょうか?

Anonymous said...

その目だれの目?